Wednesday, August 03, 2016

The LoKal

The LoKal
Address: 136 Neil Rd, S'pore 088865
Opening hours:
Tues to Fri 8am to 10pm
Sat 9am to 10pm
Sun 9am to 4pm
Mon 8am to 5pm

For more info: http://www.thelokalsingapore.com/
https://www.facebook.com/thelokalsingapore/

While Le Hubby is still out of town, Chiong ar!!!! More cafes~ Just eat only~ WAhahahahha.It's been some time since I last went out with my family. So, made some arrangements to dine at The Lokal together.





Blurry picture due to hunger thus trembling hands~ lol.



Who is that blurry guy?! Wahhaah....
The "Ng(s)" outing~






We patronized on Friday night, quite packed I would say. And it took more than 30 mins wait for our food~ And on top of that, the kids were with us. Oh my god, so difficult to calm them down.

Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon, Trout Roe and Crème Fraiche $15

Fusion~ I like fusion. Overall, it's something quite refreshing and nice combination.
However, I felt the Potato Rosti was a tad charred.


Fat Fries, Truffle oil and Parmesan $10

Truffle fragrance was there, but not strong enough though.
Taste like some normal fries too.

 Home made Chilli sauce (served along with the fries)

The chili sauce made the fries taste better. :)


Slipper Lobster Linguine $26

The pasta was a litte too dry for me. The sauce was not bad though. Lobster tasted quite fresh. If only, we could have more pieces of Lobster in in. HAH!


Crispy Pork Belly with Pumpkin & Grilled Chinese Cabbage $26

The skin of the pork belly was really crispy and good! Goes well with the pumpkin too.
Nice combination. I approve!!

Pan Fried Sea Bass with Zucchini and Venus Clams $28

The fish was well cooked with the crispy pan fried skin, I like~ They managed to catch the doneness of the fish very well. Flaky and not over cooked.



The Lokal Fish & Chips (Sweet Potato Fries) $28

Batter was a little thick. Fish was not bad. Fries were a little soggy.
The sauce for dipping was quite nice, slight spiciness.


Chocolate Mousse with Homemade Kaya and Cookies $10
The chocolate mousse was nice, not too sweet. Kaya was a little sweet though, and I find the combination a little weird too.
Total damage: $168.30



All in all, I find the food was not bad. But service was a tad too slow.
The place was squeezy. Felt like there is no private space between each table.
Definitely not a place to dine in with kids.
Probably a chill out place with friends.


Will I visit the place again? Yes, maybe. But with friends of course, and maybe not on a Friday night. The wait was terrible which made the food only okay for me.






Thanks for reading.
Feel free to drop me a message, and follow me on the social platforms below!

*credits: Wendy (Editor)


on Facebook (Apple pupu Lim)
on Snapchat (doris_candy / Freshapple)
on Twitter (apple_nfl)
on Instagram (applenfl/Freshapple)
on Dayre (Freshapple)
or Email me at
doris_candy@hotmail.com


No comments:

The Bloom Outlet (How to Budget for your Wedding Flowers) [sp]

Are you busy planning your wedding now? Having so many items in your TO DO LIST? One of them is definitely your wedding flowers of course. ...